Frozen Red Bull Slush from Harvey's

Do you know the meaning of these runes? They are different from the typical mark of the Bull, but know that these engravings portent the presence of the Bull, but in a even more terrifying and horrific form, the Bull has become the Bestial King of Winter and you are within his territory, and his sight...

Hail.

Long has it been since I have been able to record what I have learned on my journeys and I bear grave news for all: the Bull has aligned the stars in such a way to foment his transformation into a great monstrosity ripped from the very glaciers of the Northern Lands

The great corrupting plague that has consumed our realm has greatly restricted my wanderings, but, with the blessing of the local Thane and his constabulary, I am able to make short travels through my local fiefdom. It is during one of these travels that I learned of the return of the Bull.

There are a great many wayhouses and shrines on the roads and pathways of the Northern Lands, and while I usually frequent the unattended altars for my own personal transactions, I had wont to stop at one of a series of rest stops that is unique to the North and named after a myth. It was in this very roadside rest stop that I saw the runes proclaiming the return of the Bull in his new form of the Icy King of Winter.

I am a man of alchemy, of astrology, and of phrenology, so to say that it is true, I am a scholar of the sciences, but, even one who so dearly embraces the natural sciences as I do is foolhardy to not pay heed to the great functioning mythic powers of the world and beyond. When I see a shrine to the Bull, I pay homage. There is no shame in paying homage to the gods, to monsters, they are beings so powerful and beyond our scope of understanding that it is more ignorant to deny their existence. One of the rest stop workers momentarily broke from their mystic trance when I made my offering to give me an elixir that they have been brewing to honour the return of the Bull

The rest stop has more information available, but you should really see below, where I have captured images with my magic eye device: 


Just as the Bull has returned in a new, icy form, so has the elixir associated with him been altered. Freed of its confining aluminum cage, the Elixir of the Bull is served in a paper chalice with a paper drinking tubule.


The likeness of the Bull's cage is shown on the chalice, the top symbolically broken, showing that the Bull is free to bring chaos and destruction where it chooses to. Further note that chalice itself proclaims that an entire typical draught of the Bull's elixir is contained in the new formulation.


Behold, a view of the glacial contents of the chalice. Consuming the elixir is nigh impossible without the tubule, and even with it a powerful sensation of frost can overwhelm the imbiber, particularly in the head, leading to a sensation as if the brain itself were frozen. The elixir is potent, but one would expect anything that would stave off the Bull to made of strong stuff.

I was happy with the elixir. The chalice was filled to the brim with potent brews and distillates. Furthermore, there were additional adjuncts available that modify the flavour - I opted for a blue-raspberry adjunct, but note that cherry and "original" were also available. I found that the adjunct barely changed the taste from the typical Bull Elixir, but it is a taste that I have come to appreciate. The cost, it should be noted, was high - but even if there is only slight protection from the rampaging Bull, any cost should be considered.

Taste: This basically tastes like a regular Red Bull with a very slight addition of Blue Raspberry hidden beneath the strong flavour of the Red Bull. I like the "energy drink taste" so it was not so bad for me, but if you are expecting a normal slush flavour, you are going to be disappointed.

Energy: If the claim is true and an entire can of Red Bull is inside the drink, it has a shallow stock of 80mg of caffeine. The Red Bull and the slush are both of the full-sugar variety, so this has 440 calories, which I guess is a form of energy.

Bottom Line: It is a bit of a novelty. I thought the cost was kind of high and that it had a tonne of calories, but I was happy that I tried it. I don't know if I will go out of my way to get it again though.

🍔🍔🍔

3/5 - if you can stand the calories and like Red Bull it is better... 

You might have a different opinion or experience - feel free to let me know in the comments.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Malt: Extra Energy

Perrier Energize Caffeine & Yerba Mate Grapefruit Flavour Caffeinated Energy Drink

Reign Energy Razzle Berry