Rockstar Vodka Original

Here is ROCKST★R (ЯR - Rockstar - ROCKSTAR) Vodka Original.



Here is the can - 473 ml - 16 US fluid ounces.

Location Purchased: Ontario, Canada (accessed July 2018)
Price when Purchased: $3.50 Canadian Monopoly Money (July 2018)

Taste: Well, this tastes mostly like a regular Rockstar - kind of a mix of herb and medicine tastes. I like the "energy drink" taste, which I understand is not a popular opinion. The 6.9% alcohol content of this particular drink is almost unnoticeable (which I guess is good for some people) and doesn't really affect the flavour. 

Energy: 30 mg caffeine, 2 mg of ginseng, and 9 mg of guarana per 473 Can 

Wow - not a joke. This entire can has a mere 30mg of caffeine in it. In (most of) Canada alcoholic energy drinks are not banned like they are in USA (RIP "classic" 4Loko), but calling this an energy drink is a bit of a misnomer. The "energy" part of this is essentially an afterthought and the ROCKST★R branding is just for marketing - look all you like, but you won't find this product on the Rockstar website, it is given considerable distance. The one other energy note that I will add is that it has a ton of calories - 440 according to this article which is informative, but otherwise a little too preachy for me.

Bottom Line: This is crap. This is basically a generic "alcopop" that illegitimately uses energy drink branding. Unless you are desperate or a completionist, I would suggest finding something else. The only redeeming factor for me is the convenience of being pre-mixed and contained all-in-one, but if you want an alcoholic energy drink, my advice is to mix your own:



.5/5 - liquid feces


You might have a different opinion or experience (but I doubt it) - feel free to let me know in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Malt: Extra Energy

Perrier Energize Caffeine & Yerba Mate Grapefruit Flavour Caffeinated Energy Drink

Reign Energy Razzle Berry